Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

February 10, 2010

Ashus Art Gallery - The Doodles.

Ashu is becoming such a young lady now that I thought I ll display all her doodles before shes embarrassed by them. ( Remember her art gallery? )

Yesterday she was doing some finger painting. Basically she was using her index finger as a brush and painted a flower. So I asked her, "why don't you use a brush, ashu?" Pat came the reply, "Because i want to feel the paint, Amma!" I rest my case.

I don't have her doodles pre 2007. Below is circa July 2007 when the artist was just over two years old and was still pronouncing boat as boot. One of the artists first doodle after the artist moved to live in Switzerland. Those were the periods where the artist doodled first and then based on the outcome, named the art.


Without further ado, presenting the first exhibit.


1. Das Boot.


The below two are early 2008. 2. Octopus and 3. Snake respectively as is obvious.





The next ones are late 2008. A very struggling period for the artist since she became a big sister and was forced to draw stick figures in pairs.


4. The Unhappy Stick Figures.



5. My Sister's Balloon Keeper.


Now we move onto 2009. Where the artist accepted the fact that the sister is here to stay.

6. Resigned To Her Fate.


In mid 2009, at the age of 4, the artist was becoming very fond of writing and started labelling her own doodles.

7. The Bunk Bed.

8. The Astro Nut.

"Thats the moon and thats the flag on the moon. Its the US flag. And thats the astronaut." - the artist was overhead describing thus to her mother.


9. The Queen.



10. The Flower.


11. Now I know my ABCs.


In a daring attempt, the artist tries her hand in self portrait and labels herself.

12. The Brat.


Later part of 2009 brought a sudden difference in the artists strokes and she comfortably settled in these patterns. So much so that the artists mother can now recognize her daughters crap doodle from the 20 other pieces of crap doodles the school insists on displaying!

13. We are a Happy Family.


Currently the artist has almost abandonded her doodle board medium and moved on to paper. Her mother is running out of storage space. So please contact her by email for trade enquiries and save the rain forest!

26 comments:

yaadayaada said...

Wow! I remember the astro"nut". That was done when I was there with a broken leg. The last one is too cute!

utbtkids said...

OMG, how cute is that?!!!! I will have to revisit the gallery again, at a much peaceful morning, the girls are dancing around me 'nangu' right now.

Lakshmi said...

Very creative and beautiful. Loved the artworks.

Sumana said...

Love it. Hey i am with you on storage space, i am about to complete my cubicle space. So let me know if you get new bidders.

Rainmusings said...

gr8 art work.

Parul said...

Oh my God, Boo, this has got to be the funniest post I have read in ages. Thanks and may I link to it sometime? Please?

Trish said...

woww..Boo!I am ROFL! this is sooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

very well written!!

R's Mom said...

Amazing doodles...she is quite an artist huh!

B o o said...

Parul - of course, yes. I was thinking of you while writing this post because i remembered your cezanne comment in my earlier post on ashus art. LOL! too much wonly! :D

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

You are a pro in recognizing her patented art ... how cool is that ?

I used to sometime back with my girl ... now her art is changing so rapidly its hard to keep pace.

One day she surprised me with a giraffe drawing which I truly believed was a result of a lot of help from her teacher. I could only believe it was her work when she repeated the drawing for me.

Divs said...

Came over from the link on Parul's blog! Loved all the art work and especially the labels :-) Quite an artist your kiddo is!

bouncingbubble said...

Very cute. Taking a cue from your posts, I've started clicking pics of my 16 month old's antics, though I'm not brave enough like you to document them in blog ulagam.

Sangeetha said...

Soooo cute! I love how her artistry changes with her age!
Great Blog Boo!

The Print Lover said...

The last doodle is superb. Loved the labels. "kaakaikum than kunju.., kozhi kirukal" LOL!

Its our space said...

Absolutely adorable. I guess the last one will be a standard template for drawing girls/people for some time.

And if you are thinking of teaching a course on those tags and labels,i will be your first student - even pay foreign student fee and all that :)

noon said...

Super cute! Brat and last one are too good! Man I wish I had done this - taken photos of all KB's doodles. I only have may be 3 or 4. I took a photo of a park he drew recently - I was compelled to because of how much I liked it. But otherwise they get erased from the board and sadly from our memory too! Some of the paper ones are probably hidden in random places. Totally enjoyed looking at her artwork! Tooo cute!

dipali said...

Not only is the artist brilliant, her curator is too!
Loved this series- we want more:)

Choxbox said...

You are too funny!

The artist's works can be displayed at the next Chitra Santhe in Namma Bengalooru.

Btw here's what i do - take pix; when I get fed up of storing the hard copies, ask the artists to choose 2 or 3 or 5 (depending on how generous I am feeling) of the junk and then trash the rest. A tough exercise for them but hey thats life ;)

ambulisamma said...

You are making up the artist!!Congrats boo on your efforts.

Vid said...

Hi, What a bubbling artist Ashu is, kudos to her! My first time posting a comment on your blog, been lurking around for a while now, getting all the updates on Ashu and Antu. I like you Tamil Blog as well!

Usha said...

The progression of the author's views on life is clearly seen from the paintings. The recent ones show extreme maturity and a grasp of the complexity of life.

Anonymous said...

Dunno what I love more - Ashu's art or yours. You rock, Boo :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post! First time to your blog and already loving it!!

n!ved!t@ said...

Have been a silent reader of your blogs for the past two years or so. This once I had to blog! Good Work, Ashu!!

Sudha Naik said...

Superb collection of drawings.. :)
you have a good collection of blogs ..am reading it one by one ..

baby growth

babies