Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

May 20, 2009

I think God reads this Blog.

Why else would He test me if I'm fit for mommy heaven so soon after this post of mine? So yesterday I get a reminder email from school informing about the alphabet day today and to dress up the child. Sounds easy, no? Except that its the first time Im hearing about it and did nt get any email or information earlier! It was 6 pm already and Hd is out of town and I had to act fast. Thanks to Tharini who was asking for ideas about Alphabet costume in this post and thanks to Kodi's Mom who had left a link in that post, I came up with a simple idea. (Ironic that I left a link in the same post, huh?) U for Umbrella. So I followed this project to the last detail, punched holes on the card, tied a string and hung it around Ashu's neck. For good measure, sent her with a pink umbrella to school. Shes going to say, "I am U. Do you know what goes UP when the rain comes DOWN? An Umbrella. U for Umbrella." But I can bet my last penny, that she would put a finger in her mouth, look down and refuse to say anything when the teacher asks. May be I should have kept her home today and sent a mail to the teachers saying, "Ashu is going to be absent today. A for Absent!"

24 comments:

mayG said...

yayy for your quick thinking :D looks great!

I hope she says the whole "U" thing, it would be so cute!!

Reva said...

Boo.. that 'I am U' is mighty philosophical..
And this does fit mom-made-costume don't u think? 'U' totally deserve mommy heaven girl!

yaadayaada said...

Where do you get these funny punch lines in the end? Did you got to funny lines school while I was doing Math...

By the way, the costume looks great.. The umbrella picture stuck to the U is so cute!

Anusha said...

neat! & that was super quick. how did it go?

Shobana said...

That would have been classic Boo. So how did she do?

By Deepa and Supriya said...

hahaha....nope, knowing ashu she would've done what she is supposed to with precision and more, i guess?

Revs said...

Very nice Boo!Fancy-looking! And do you still have doubts about God reading your blog? Ha! Ofcourse "I" read your blog ;) Naan dhaan Kadavul! Mangalam undaagatum Magalae :P

Unknown said...

What happened then????

Itchingtowrite said...

damn cute and loved teh A for absent idea...

Suki said...

Exactly, how did it go?

Manchus said...

Boo is the funniest and I totally agree with yaadayaada. She was attending the funning lines school while bunking college classes :)

This post tells me that I need to remember this post when the need comes for such an idea.

When is HD going be back? You really make everything sound easy-peasy.

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Okay okay you get to go to heaven.

Now come back and tell me what happened.

I bet you, Ashu would have said those lines !

Sue Gir said...

you are very creative n you have a great humour sense. I mean the 'a' for absent cracked me into laughter.

Diya said...

costume looks good nice idea and good post

Sheela said...

LOL! A is for Absent, eh?! But, lady, you can think on your feet, for sure... it looks like not just think but act too! Good One!

B o o said...

Sorry it took me a long time to get back. But as it happens, mom is always right! :) She did nt say the riddle but just said I am U and U for Umbrella. When I asked her why not she said, "I dont like it". I think what she meant was, "thats such a cheesy line mom! I cant believe you want me to say that!!!!" :)

Thankoo kind ladies for all the compliments. I am B for Blushing! :D

mnamma said...

You have earned your ticket to Mommy heaven Boo! Nice costume :)

Revs said...

B is B!! Boo is Blushing :P

SwB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SwB said...

... yeah she does have that look on her face that says: Mommy, what the hell are you making me do!! LOL

Priyanka said...

Loved the punch lines, very nice and so innovative.

maidinmalaysia said...

or she could have gone with a big crinkly-eyed smile and said

I am C

C for Cute

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

No way Boo. You said she wouldnt say a word. She just didn't say the funny lines (they were OTT for a girl her age, even if they were darn cute!) Yeah. I'm on Ashu's side. Always.

Hema said...

Hi Boo..
I had de-lurked in one of your later posts and came here through your latest!! (I can't remember how though!) Call it serendipity or something else but I am right now scouring the net for some ideas for a fancy dress for my two year old at his play school. I should have known better to have read your blog first! This has opened up ideas! Thanks Boo..

baby growth

babies