Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

October 09, 2005

Stuff I did nt read in any baby book.


~~> that I don't become a mother overnight.

~~> that it can take me 3 months to actually look forward for the feedings.

~~> that I will cry with the baby a lot because of frustration.

~~> that every night I will hope and pray that the baby should sleep through the night and feel guilty for being so selfish.

~~> Since I pushed the baby out and breast-feeding, that I would want to have my way in everything and with everybody.

~~> During the day, when the baby sleeps more than an hour, that I would go and check if she's breathing and feel foolish for doing so.

~~> Wonder if I would have had the same baby if I had gotten pregnant a year earlier or a year later.

~~> There actually IS a baby smell and it is the most intoxicating fragrance ever.

~~> Find out that maternal instincts do exist while involuntarily holding onto the pram tightly a second before the tram braked suddenly and would have toppled the pram otherwise.

~~> that it will take a mountain of an effort to step out of the house with the baby.

~~> that I would actually feel a wee bit jealous of the baby for hogging all the attention from family and friends and at the same time feel proud.

~~> That my baby will be the most beautiful thing in the world and I would love her more than life itself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

lakshmi

Preethe said...

Hey Boo ..
I am so hooked up to your blog ..
I have almost read most of ur posts ..
Did nothing but readin ur blog during office hours ..
Too good posts

Well .. Even I went thru the same expreience with the baby.

Used to feel very guilty after checking if the kid is breathing, if he is sleeping for a long time
Moms gets very crazy when it comes to kid's wellbeing ..

Preethe said...

Hey Boo ..
I am so hooked up to your blog ..
I have almost read most of ur posts ..
Did nothing but readin ur blog during office hours ..
Too good posts

Well .. Even I went thru the same expreience with the baby.

Used to feel very guilty after checking if the kid is breathing, if he is sleeping for a long time
Moms gets very crazy when it comes to kid's wellbeing ..

priya said...

Beautiful Post. I endorse everything you mentioned. My daughter is 15 months old now.

baby growth

babies