Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

December 02, 2008

Car conversations.

Ashu and I were in the car. Coming back from school. She was sleepy and started saying incoherent stuff like "I want Appa now. Why did nt you bring Antu to school? Where is Thatha?", etc... and was on the verge of bursting into tears and going to sleep. So to save the drama, I was trying to distract her.

Me - Look Ashu. I got a cut in my finger.

Ashu - A cut? Where?

Me - In my right index finger. Look. (Stretching my fingers to the back and showing her thinking it would ve been fun if it was the middle finger instead!)

Ashu - How did you get the owie, Amma?

Me - I was grating carrots and by accident, my finger rubbed against the grater and it got cut. It hurts, you know.

Ashu - (Making a sad face) But why did you grate your finger?

Me - It was an accident, Ashu.

Ashu - If it hurts, you should nt drive the car Amma.

Me - Its OK, Ashu. Its only in my finger. If I get hurt in my palm or hands, then I won't be able to drive. But now its OK.

Ashu - So who ll pick me up from school?

Me - What?

Ashu - If you get hurt in your hand and can't drive when I am in school, who will come to pick me up?

Me - !!!!!!

I should just put the quote "that that person, their their worry" in my blog header next to a photo of Ashu.

25 comments:

Mina Menon said...

Happened to find your blog now (Cant really recollect how I landed here thou) and for last 1.5 hrs am stuck here!! No regrets except my manager who is giving me real threatenng looks...he he! Gotta grant u this.....u write beautifully... Love the way u bring daily life alive.......Keep writing more ....A more apt desc for ur blog page would be "A blog a day keeps your worries away"........

Anonymous said...

heh heh..the girl's got her priorities right ;-)

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

ha ha ha ...

Anonymous said...

So tell me.. Whatz your back up plan?

Lavs said...

Ashu really knows her priorities well:)

VJ said...

New to your blog...not completely.. landed about 2 weeks ago and have just finished reading all your archives !! loved your posts !!..could find a connection as my Dad hails from kumbakonam and uppiliappan is our GOD(not that others arent.. I meant the kula deivam concept)..also we are 2 sisters and my one lives in USof A too.. !
Great work.. enjoyed thoroughly and now eagerly wating for more.

Sachita said...

Ashu is focussed!:)
Less worry for you though, right?

Mama - Mia said...

:D

well, her logic is flawless!

cheers!

abha

Anonymous said...

Have u heard of this in Tamil Boo??

"Vadiya Kuduthu Adiya Vaangarthu"

Thevaya ungalukku?????

Anonymous said...

ohh sorry, it does'nt suit here no?? :D

Preethi said...

hahaha correct.. avva avvalukku ava ava kavalai!!

ashok said...

:D

Reva said...

She has this clarity when she's feeling sleepy?! lol!

dipali said...

Ashu's age appropriate angst!

~nm said...

Kids and their questions! baba re baba! :)

Poo said...

Hi Boo...I have been a lurker for a LLOOOONNGGGG time now...I have read ALL (yes every single one!)your posts and I love your writing eshtyle. In fact, I started reading mommy blogs only after I stumbled upon yours. You guys were an inspiration for me to start a blog of my own!! But, I have very little time to spare for blogging...that's the reason I was a lurker...so now i have decided to de lurk...let's see how I get along with this communication thingy!!!

Manchus said...

She does have a point and it is time for you to have a backup plan. Talk to a friend nearby and workout a plan. God forbid anything like that has to happen...but it is worth planning.

Pretty smart!!

Artnavy said...

Ashu is really so clever and concerned!

SD said...

Enjoy your posts thoroughly, and so have kept an award for you here.

Noodlehead said...

you've got a smart cookie there! btw, i think she has a point...what is your back up plan?

sansmerci said...

well u still havent answered the question ...hmmm

Priyanka said...

You should call her 'Grandma Ashu' :) LOL, very cute

Artnavy said...

you have been awarded

Swati said...

hehhehe ..she knows what to worry about!

UndeniablyBlah said...

<(Stretching my fingers to the back and showing her thinking it would ve been fun if it was the middle finger instead!)>
LOL evilness![:P]

Been a loong time since i read ur blog!been catching up on all the previous posts!
Here's wishing u and the angels a very very happy new year![:D]

baby growth

babies