Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

October 22, 2008

Finally, we are now Four.

So dad left on Friday. The husband was travelling on work so I had to go to the airport to drop dad dragging the two kids along. I hate coming back to an empty house and was cursing Hd to hell and back ever since he told that he was travelling. Anyway, Friday morning - Ashu started getting upset. I had a lump in my throat and was controlling myself from bursting into tears. My dad was distracting himself doing the last minute things and Antu was blissfully smiling and cooing. Around noon, we got ready to leave. Ashu would nt wear her shoes or her jacket and started crying. "Let Thatha be here only, Ma. Don't go back to India, Thatha. Stay here and play with me ALL the time, Thatha", she kept repeating. I tried to explain to her that hes going back to his house, that his tickets are "finished", the police wont allow him to stay and all the crap but she would nt buy any of that. "What do you want to do, Ashu? Tell me. He has to go, OK?", I said very much annoyed. "I don't know what to do, Ma. But I don't want him to go", she replied equally annoyed. I just picked her shoes and jacket and went out of the house carrying Antu in her car seat. Ashu followed with tears and my dad picked her up and tried to explain. But she started sobbing again. "I understand you are upset , Ashu. I'm upset too. Its OK. You ll be OK soon. Wear your shoes now", I said. She cried even harder. "Do you want a lollipop, Ashu?" I asked. She nodded yes. "Then wear your shoes", I said and strapped her in the car. She was licking the lollipop happily and we reached the airport, checked in, left my dad at the gate, waved him goodbye, came back to the car, settled in and came back home. To an empty home. Now, wheres my lollipop? :(

17 comments:

WaitingforSunshine said...

Aww!!Hugs, Hugs, Hugs.
Here's from me a virtual lollipop O-----

Anonymous said...

oh dear! hugs, hugs n more hugs!

Praveen said...

Here you go

Unknown said...

yeah i know how that feels, my parents were here for my delivery and when they left it was too much to handle for me, and now dad is here to spend sometime with us and seriously I don't wanna think of the day is gonna go back....

Dee said...

awww Boo...hugs...hugs...

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

Oh !! Thats not a nice feeling when your parents leave ... but sure you will do ok in a few days!
As for your lollipop, you'd have to wait for Hd :)

Unknown said...

that that person, that that kavalai.. agree..


http://sundar72.blogspot.com/2006/09/postpartum-depression.html

:)

your posts always bring back memories..

Artnavy said...

oh poor you- see how even a lolli has a pop in it

Vidooshak said...

This was the first mommy blog we ever discovered, and I make it recommended reading for every new mommy blogger. The advice at the end of your last post will put my credibility at stake. You supposed to be the supermom, how can you say anything otherwise?!!

But seriously, I couldn't survive an extra hour with Cubby beyond when momma's supposed to return. Yet, momma manages to handle him without breaking into a sweat for 15 days when I travel!! No wonder God decided men ain't good enough to make Papa on their own...

Mama - Mia said...

awww.. hugs boo! i got all teary eyed reading this one!

hope things get into groove soon and smooth!

cheers!

abha

Priyanka said...

Awww...such a sweet post. A Lollipop when you feel low. I suggest chocolate ice-cream with extra extra chocolate ;)

I too hate it when people leave, not so good with good-byes.

ashok said...

touching :(

UndeniablyBlah said...

aww man!i'm sorry!:(
whatever little i know of u tells me u'll bounce back up wonderfully and kick the 'blues' on its a** :)
cheers!

UndeniablyBlah said...

Oh and a very happy diwali to u and ur wonderful little tots!:)

dipali said...

Aww Boo. Many virtual lollipops for you:)

the mad momma said...

oh you poor baby.. we shall courier you lollipops. what does one do when thathas go home?!

pumpkins mom said...

Aww..Hugs. I know how you feel, I felt the same way when we had to come back to an empty house after my mom left...you have not one but two precious little lollipops :)

baby growth

babies