Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

September 26, 2005

Paris,Photography,Yoga, etc...


Sis and BIL left for Paris today early morning and will be back on Thursday. The flat looks empty and very, very quiet. (You can hear my sis before you even see her!!) Ashu is looking and wondering where the nice people who always carried her went. Today it's back to being strapped in the car seat while Amma is cooking. Poor thing.

Sis & BIL have a digital SLR and we have a baby. So it’s not hard to imagine what happened. Some 200 photos in 2 days and then some more of the city and the Swans (and their behinds!) on the Rhine. How did we survive before digital cameras, I wonder? What do we NOT do if we don’t ve to pay for it? (My mom HAS to use the toilet if she sees one but she won’t if it’s a pay toilet!!)

I am always happy when Ashu does new things. But even I was not ready for something like this. This weekend we realised Ashu does Yoga to maintain her figure. (No wonder she was not putting on enough weight earlier!) Check out the photographic proof here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Boo ~ just wanted to let you know I’ve been reading your blog. I've wanted to comment, but my life is busy too. I’m a 38 yr old mom in California of 3 kids. Boy 8, girl 5, boy 2, (3 on 10/30.
I want to congratulate you on baby Ashu, and bravo! For breastfeeding. I breastfed my daughter 22 months and my youngest son 26 months. I loved every minute of it. As you can see it was hard to give up my son. My oldest son is adopted, so he was bottlefed – let me tell you, bottle-feeding is a pain in the neck! Carrying the supplies with you everywhere you go and the endless hours of bottle & nipple washing – boring! When you just want to play with your baby. One of my hardest memories is of him wailing while hanging on my leg around 8 months old when I’m in the middle of soapy water washing his bottles.
I love your writing about not being able to take a picture of them while they are doing cute things. I have MANY pics of the top of my kids heads, or the sides, because they have turned before taking the pic. (thank goodness now for digital, and you can take lots until you get a good one) And i have lots of video of them just lying there because they are done doing the rolling over or cute thing they were doing before you got up to get the camera.
I’m babbling on. But I really enjoy your blog. I hope you will check mine out too.
I have lots of baby experiences, your writing reminds me of my little babies. They grow up TOO fast!

B o o said...

Hi SGH, thank you so much for your comments. I went by your blog. You are an amazing person. I don't know what I am complaining about when you are being a super-woman. Hats off to you.

You are so right about the bottle-washing, I hate it. I dont know if I can feed my daughter for 22 months like you, let alone 12 months. She likes the bottle too much. Only time will tell. Let me see. Thanks again and keep dropping by.

baby growth

babies