Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

September 07, 2005

Baby sitting makes one think!


I am baby-sitting my friends 2 1/2 years old daughter today since the father is in the hospital with a very severe viral fever! She’s a little angel giving no trouble at all! It has made me think what will happen to Ashu if something happens to me or my husband! I don’t mean the "ultimate something" but something like this viral something! It will take a week or 10 days to our family to reach here as we are all countries apart and friends here are new as we are also new here! And I’m that sort of a person who hesitates forever to ask a favour from someone and then eventually I won’t ask! Also why would anyone take care of a baby less than six months old willingly unless it’s their own or their grandchild? HD and I were discussing about this last night and decided he will just have to manage alone in the hospital while I stay at home and take care of the baby! He had this "You don’t love me anymore" look on his face and I told him he can do the same if something happens to me! After all, our baby comes first, does nt it? You just can’t leave her with someone you don’t know!

Anyway, this experience has also made me think that having a second baby when Ashu is 2 1/2 years old won’t be that bad! Oh God, I never thought I would say that aloud! I never thought I would even be thinking about a second child after the horrible experience I had during labour! Well, that’s another story! Worth a very long blog actually!

No comments:

baby growth

babies