Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

September 18, 2005

Meet the (God)Parents!


Next week, my sister and BIL are coming from the sunny California to this side of the Swiss to see Ashu for the first time. I am so excited that my palms are sweating while typing this. I want everything to go well and Ashu to be in her best behaviour and pass her "Perimma"(Aunt) test. Ashu is the first grandchild on every side of the family and there is a lot riding on her. My sis has seen more than her share of children what with living in CA for so many years and the competition is tough. I really don’t know how to prepare a 4 1/2 month old baby for the drill. Smile always, NEVER cry, speak when spoken to and sleep when you are not needed - will be few of the things I would want her to learn. If she learns to fold her own laundry and change her diaper on her way, I would nt mind that either. The least I would want of Ashu is NOT to cry when my sis picks her up. The reason being that the entire wardrobe of Ashu and her toys and other baby necessities for the past four months have been the courtesy of her "America Perimma" and I would nt want that to stop. (Compare the US price with Swiss and you will stoop that low, too! So don’t judge me!)

Anyway, I can’t wait for the most important girls in my life to meet. The rest is up to them!

No comments:

baby growth

babies