Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

July 09, 2007

Love is...

Last Sunday at the Boo household...

Usually I make Pasta for Sunday Lunch. Hd loves Italian next to Indian and so do I. Last week, I was in the mood for a full fledged Indian meal. So I prepared everything - chopped the veggies, soaked the tamarind, cooked the dal,... And just before putting everything together, with a silly grin I asked Hd,

"So what do you want for lunch? Do you want Murungakka sambar, Lemon Rasam, Potato fry, Vendaikaai curry and rice or would you like Pasta".
"Pasta", came the answer.
"What!", I exclaimed.
He repeated, "Pasta".
Almost with tears in my eyes I said, "I prepared everything and asked just to see your expression when I told the menu. And you want Pasta?"
"No no. Of course I want Murungakka sambar. (slurp, slurp) I said Pasta because thats easy for you and why do you want to strain yourself making so much?"
With a relieved smile, I muttered "May be I should make Vendaikaai Morkuzhambu instead of the curry!"


This Sunday at the same household...

"So What are you going to make..."
"PASTA", came the stern reply from me even before he could finish the question.

As the saying goes, Love is...
...temporary!

15 comments:

Something to Say said...

see now thats why u shudnt ask hubbies what they want for lunch ;)

timepass said...

Hey same case in my household too.. Hubby always decides the menu and only after that I start cooking to save time and effort u see...

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I din't know that we should ask Hds what they want!

By Deepa and Supriya said...

agree with something to say!

Rohini said...

Ooh I am so jealous. I am a strictly-one-dish-at-a-time
-strictly-by-the-recipe-book kind of cook

Unknown said...

This man should worship the ground you walk on. When I have to cook, the husband prefers to order in rather than subject his stomach to such outrage...

Unknown said...

ha ha..

you actually ask what your hubby wants ?

enna kodumai boo idhu ?

:)

Just Like That said...

Lol they never learn!

Premalatha said...

we love pasta. What type do you make? I love pasta bake with broccoli.

B o o said...

S2S - I ask only when I know I would like the answer! ;)

Timepass - In my household, if Hubby decides the menu, I dont cook that day! We go out so that I can order from the menu as well! ;)

Yaadayaada - We should nt! But exceptions when we have an impressive menu coming up! (provided it does nt backfire like mine almost did! ;)

Orchid - And I agree with you! :)

Rohini - This is the only thing I do so as well do a good job of it!

B o o said...

Kiran - LOL! I think Husbands learn the lessons well when it comes to food. Like when I ask what should I cook today, his answer will be lets order pizza because he learnt it the hard way! ;)

sundar - Edho oru vaati theriyaama kettuten. Mannichudunga! ;)

JLT - Oh yes, they learn. but after the umpteenth fight! :)

Latha - With tomato sauce or white sauce. But its spicy Indian version. Italians will strangle me if they found out how Im killing their pasta!

Musically Me said...

hahahahaha... your elaborate menu is very authentic and elaborate...

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm super impressed! note to self: teach The Girl to cook Indian food.

Gauri said...

Well Well :-)) It so happens that Vic is an excellent chef and come Sundays - he dons the chef's hat and I get relegated to the position of a sous chef.

And I sure as hell am not complaining :-))

The Visitor said...

Boo,
HD should have noted the warning signals, and known what to say when you presented the menu.

Either you haven't trained HD sufficiently, (as Mrs Sundar has trained hers)
or
Mr Boo didn't want to deprive you of a post topic about the Boo household.

PS: Some men dont learn in their entire lifetime.

baby growth

babies