Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

July 11, 2007

Day 7 proves to be lucky.

After Day 5 of school, we had a long weekend as we did nt go to school on Thursday and Friday. So on Monday, Day 6 I thought we have to start all over again. Hd went to leave her in heavy rain and traffic, trams we re nt running and he got quite frustrated by the time he reached the day care. He dumped Ashu at the school door even before she opened her mouth to cry and rushed to office. Couple of hours later, I left home to pick her up. And it started raining again. Though the trams were running thankfully. She started crying when she saw me but was OK once we came out. Then the trams stopped running again and we were stranded halfway from home waiting for a bus which never came. Then Hd borrowed his colleagues car and came to rescue us. By the time we came home, I was ready to call it quits to school until the rains stopped.

Then on Tuesday Day 7, I went to drop her, again in the rain of course! And all my hard work(!) paid when she went and hugged Miss.A and said "Bye Amma"! I was speechless. She was nt smiling when she said Bye but at least she was nt bawling and that's exactly what I wished for. No crying. So my baby has let me go at last! When I went to pick her up, she cried of course. But I can take that! Miss Hooley told me that yesterday was the best day so far with her having fun and trying to eat some food there. She also did some coloring and asked for a tissue when her hands became messy and Miss Hooley said that's OK, we can wash later. So madam went and wiped her hands in Miss Hooley's jeans! LOL! Take that, Miss Hooley! I was walking with a stupid grin the rest of the day happy that Ashu is OK with school and looked forward to the next day. But of course mother proposes and child disposes. She caught a terrible cold all of a sudden and it worsened in the night with her coughing continuously and crying. Shes clinging to her Appa and her nose is running like a tap and shes has slight fever. So no school today of course! And guess what? It is not raining today!

18 comments:

Kowsalya Subramanian said...

when something happens out of turn - here we say "mazhai peiya poradhu" but in Zurich i guess you should say "mazhai nikka poradhu" :)

I tried play school for Abirami when she was 24 months old as it is custom here to start on Vijayadasami but she always cried and made me cry and after 4 weeks - we stopped when her paedtrician scolded me for pushing her so hard. I was worried that I may be sending wrong signals to her but when we put her in preKG the following june, she adjusted with in few days.

So my sincere (un-solicited) advice will be to let her enjoy till she can. I would have had Abi at home till she was 5 years :) but most of the popular/good schools in chennai admit students in preKG or not at all :( and since she was october born she had to start 5 months earlier.

~nm said...

I loved the last line.. "No school today and its not raining!" :D

Hope she gets well soon! I feel awful seeing kids unwell.

Just Like That said...

LOL Glad to see Ashu's taken to school; sorry to see a cold's taken to Ashu.

Musically Me said...

Congratulations on a mission well done... hope she feels better soon..

Something to Say said...

hows the lil one feeling now? hope she's better already....and no one complain about the rains....i havent seen them since ages ...and I wont be seeing them for quite a while now :(

Anonymous said...

Thatz too bad! Hope she is ok! Take care!

timepass said...

Get well soon Ashu..

Shobha said...

sounds like the worst is behind you and i am real glad for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

Boo,
FromKids always get sick when they initially start preschool/day care. She has been under your wings for so long and suddenly, she finds herself in this new environment where she has to mingle with other children and adults. So it would take a while, before she adjusts. My twin girls were continuously getting sick when they fist started day care and I was seriously considering quitting, but things improve after a while. Meanwhile - hang on there and Hope Ashu gets well soon!

Anitha(Nikki's mom) said...

Cold is such a annoying thing when it comes to kids.. they refuse eating, vomit, get very moody,etc. etc.. Hope Ashu gets well soon...
I concur with mnamma, it takes a couple of months for kids to get physically adjusted to daycare / pre-school environment.

Anonymous said...

Hope she feels better soon.
And you take it easy, it does take a little while to settle down.

Tharini said...

Yeeaay for Ashu being ok with school. Pretty soon...there won't beanymore looking back Boo.

Hope she'sall better very shortly. I know hwat a bummer it si with the cold fever thing, cos Sathya's been down himself ever since we returned and the fever still hasn't broken.

Gauri said...

Great - Boo - to note that Ashu's settling down in school.
Hope she is doing better now on the health front - Cold and Fever - Go away !!

Malini said...

Hi Boo,

Great to hear that Ashu has adjusted to her school. It definitely takes a few days and then I am sure she is going to have a lot of friends there soon. I hope she will feel alright soon.. Malini

Trishna said...

Aww.. Finally Ashu likes the school. and she gets a cold! hahaha..but atleast there is hope :)
Hope she feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh thats too bad, just as she starts enjoying school she has to take a break...hope she's better now...

Anonymous said...

Boo! OK in 7 days?! Cool. I have got to write about toddler's 4 week looti! She has got the drama genes from me I guess!

Hope Ashu is feeling better.

mommyof2 said...

I hope Ashu is feeling all better now..

baby growth

babies