Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

April 12, 2006

Phool hai anek kintu...


Yesterday I saw a TV programme on CNN IBN (I think!) on the Films Division of India animation, "Ek Anek Aur Ekta" of the 80s. Remember? Wonder why we dont get to see it these days on TV. What a cute animation it was! My sis and I used to be so upset if we did nt watch it from the beginning.As soon as the Films Division logo came on the screen, we would hope it was the "Ek Anek"animation. "Yeh Anek kya hai Didi?" So sweet! And only yesterday I came to know that the cute little voice of the singer belongs to Sadhna Sargam! Wow!

Check out the video here if you want to watch it using Windows Medial Player. Or here if you have Real Player. Let nostalgia take hold of you for a while. We need it! :)

11 comments:

Priya Arun said...

**nostalgic**

**humming** Ek titli, anek titliyaan..

ek chidiya..ek ek anek chidiyaan..

and then the chidiya and hunter-with-net story comes on, right?

Ah..those were good times on TV. Wonder when/how it got so crappy! :-(

Anonymous said...

Very nostalgic..

Remember the one about railway crossing.. It is sad but at the same time, teaches the lesson needed.

And another one about not wasting food.. "Ek anna ka ye dhaana, suk thega mujukku man maana.." Very cute..

Anonymous said...

just a few months ago, found this windows media version of "Ek Anek" and got all my friends to see it...felt so excited seeing it after so many many years...
Feel really nostalgic abt those yrs of DD Metro ...no such crazy private channels and azhugai mega serials..:-)

Used to also like these 'Mile Sur Mera tumhara' and 'Bhaje Sargam' etc ...

lakshmi

ashok said...

oh my G ! never imagined I'll be hearing this after 2 decades !!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.geology.ohio-state.edu/~bhattiprolu/personal/nostalgia/ek_anek.asf

Anonymous said...

http://www.geology.ohio-state.edu/~bhattiprolu/personal/nostalgia/balloon.asf

Anonymous said...

You write beautifully ...
Prax found out your blog for me. We both had fun reading it together.(He hates anybody using the phrase "my husband" and I am still figuring out how to introduce him). We are planning on having a child soon. It was that which inspired us getting into your blogs, absolutely beautifully honestly written pieces, I fell head over heals with your attitude towards your own parenthood. But then there was the sweet surprise of finding the cherishable spousehood in you! It was like reading Milan Kundera. and men love reading yours, did I mention Prakash showed me yours?

B o o said...

Good that I spread some nostalgia around! Thanks Anon for the links!

Madura - Welcome to Boo's! WOW! You have really made my day with all that compliment! And you are the reason I did nt get the blogname I wanted for my tamil blog. (Tamizhachchi!) Freaky huh? And you live in Peru? We are best friends already then! :)))

The Visitor said...

We are best friends already then!

So you great people have already met, even before I was born in blogosphere :)

Unknown said...

Hey anybody let me know the singer of ek chidiya anek chidiya !!

Appreaciate your reply !!

Anonymous said...

Sadhna Sargam sang the song, ek chidiya.

baby growth

babies