Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

February 02, 2006

To all the near and dear ones!

Ok. Boo has been neglecting the baby talk. It has been a while since I talked about my pregnancy. I don’t want to forget those 9 months and the Grand Finale anytime soon. I started writing a pregnancy journal for 6 months and then quit because it became so boring. I guess I need audience to keep myself going! Anyway, I had told the news only to immediate family after becoming pregnant and did nt know when and how to break the news to the rest. 3 of my friends were also pregnant then and when everyone was comparing notes, I had to try really hard to keep my mouth shut. The reason being that I did nt want to jinx it by telling the news very early. I don’t know if everyone has this fear but I was terrified of the word "miscarriage" and the pity I will get from people afterwards. So I did nt tell anyone until the 12th week when the Doctor did an ultrasound and everything seemed good. (One other pregnant couple were there in the hospital for a check-up and seeing us, they assumed. Small world!) Anyway, now to tell the news to friends and family. A "We-are-pregnant" mail seemed so boring. (Yes, "We" are pregnant. Anyway, "I" was going to deliver. So including the husband at least here and giving him some credit!) So I went to someone I always go for advice. Google! After a thorough search, hit on a very "original" idea and composed this and sent to everyone.

To all the near and dear ones:

Forgot where I got the inspiration. People who have seen this before can enlighten me! Another way of saying, "Yes. I stole the idea and forgot the source". I know, shame on me! But I did get lots of compliments for my original(!) idea. Duh! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a minute, got shocked thinking that this is an announcement for the next one! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Well said S :-))

Anonymous said...

actually i thought so too!! :-))

lakshmi

Jagan said...

okka small mistaku ..april 2005 ah ? illa 2006 ah ?

original or not ..its a nice one :-)

SamY said...

ha ha, whoever came up with that one, it was just awesome kewl way to express it ;)

Unknown said...

HaHa looking at Jagan's comment, me is now wondering if you are hinting us something here :D LOL

B o o said...

Ok, major misunderstanding! Jagan - this was composed when I was pregnant in 2004 and the due was in 2005.

And I am still not over that one, so the next announcement will be like NEVER! (Well, not in the near future at least!!!)

B o o said...

And thanks S for starting all the confusion and I am honored that you think that I will let you know such a special news, if any, through this blog! :)

baby growth

babies