Check out what the Indian Mommies are upto at indianmommies.blogspot.com

November 27, 2009

17 months of Antu and 4 years & 7 loooooooooooong months of Ashu.

Bad news first. Ashu. Seriously. Im not exaggerating. Everything is a battle these days. Shes like how I was in my teens. So she gets up in the morning and comes to me and complains. Then she goes to Antus room and tries to pick her up from the crib, makes her cry. Does nt listen to me. Then depending in her highness mood, we throw a tantrum for anything. Like the other day, she asked me to keep her gummy vites near her cup of milk. So I did. But she wanted the gummy bear to stand. But like luck would have it, the wretched bear would nt stand and kept falling. So I propped it near her cup. But no, thats not done. So she refused to drink her milk, went to her room and sulked for a good 20 mins. And its only 7.20 am!

Hd and I call Ashu "Time bomb" these days. One can never predict when she ll explode. Once I accidentally dropped a toy of hers and broke it. She said, "Its ok amma" and went about her way. One other time, I breathed the same air as hers in the room and she pounced on me and said, "You are not my friend Amma. I wont talk to you forever and ever and ever". I dont know till this minute what caused it.

Antu is a very avid observer these days. I think she ll be doing all the above by the time shes two! God save me! Her sister is her everything and shes goes "akka akka akka" for everything. Oh, and Dora. She loves the dora figurines, stuffed toy, cushion, books,... "doya doya doya"...

Antu speaks a lot these days and understands every damn thing. Its beyond cute. Loads of times Im left wondering, "Was ashu ever this cute" and I go read the archives of this blog! :) I realized that if you successfully sleep train the baby and if s/he is a non fussy eater, theres nothing like that. Im a happy mom of a toddler this time thanks to this. As yet, that is!

Ashus school was off for 2 days last week and we decided to go with Hd to Geneva. The weather was awful but we managed to have fun in spite of it. My mom was glued to the 15th floor window of our hotel room with a fantastic view of the city. While Ashu did nt want to step out of the hotel room, Antu wanted to run around in the corridor and explore other rooms but not ours. We managed to visit Yvoire a medieval village on the French side and the castle at Nyon. Both have fantastic lake views but we could nt see a thing because of the fog.

We went to the transport museum in Lucerne the other weekend. The kids had an absolutely great time. Ashu watched her 2nd Imax movie. This time - African adventure. Her attention span is still short. Even for a 50 min movie! It was a 3D movie too and my mom and I were blown away by the documentary. Fantastic. The museum had both outdoors and indoors fun and the day was pleasant thankfully. Ashu and I raced with the scooters and rode bikes. Spent a good five hours there. The place is huge.

Whats a post without talking about the weather? The kids have an everlasting cold, mom and I just recovered from a throat infection and I feel feverish today. In short, the weather sucks. It gets so dark and gloomy even by 4 pm. These days I find myself eating dinner at 6.30 along with the kids and even after all the housework, its only 8 pm!! What do you guys in cold places do?

When we were in Geneva, we were walking across a bridge. Antu stopped to hold the rails and watch the lake. The gap was a little wide and I pulled Antu back. Ashu gasped and asked ,"what will happen if she falls down, amma?". "Well, she ll drown, thats what will happen. I cant swim so I ve shout for help", I told her and tried to change the topic. After a few seconds of silence, Ashu told me "I know a little bit of swimming, Amma. But I cant swim in this big lake" and held Antus hand very tight and walked the rest of the way. I guess, thats the good news.

13 comments:

R's Mom said...

Aww! How sweet..the last para...and what you had..the pics are so cute..they look very sweet all bundled up in pink :):)

Timepass said...

very protective elder sister indeed!!

P.S was yaadayaada also like that when u were this age???

Bouncing-Bubble said...

As it gets dark by 4 pm in London as well, my evening routine is similar to yours. I cozy up near the fireplace and use that time for reading.

rashmi said...

so sweet...big sis is acting like mom to lil one :-)
lovely pics :-)

ambulisamma said...

I believe Ashu had taken you(should you not get a portion
of what your mom had with you??) and hope Antu will be like Hd.Anyway enjoy time with Ashu.
Loads of your article to catch up,hope i find time.

Unknown said...

"What do you people in cold places do?"
Ans: we drink

A said...

so nice of ashu.. adi acts the same way with her friend's little sister... they want to grow soon...

the next day of Adi's 4th bday she was asking when is my 5th bday? what to say? the bday banner is still there in the living room

Vibaas said...

Hi boo, this is my first comment in your blog. Bumped into your blog recently and am already half way through your blog :-) Very nice blog. I have two boys and on reading this post, all i can say is 'Been there!' :-) It's just a phase. My first son Ashu went thro' that phase when he was 5 and luckily it was just a phase :-) I think i worked so hard to make sure there was no sibling rivalry that i didnt see him looking at me as a competition :-) He wanted to be everything for his brother and if his little brother smiled at me or gave me a loving coo or whatever, it would tick him off. he wanted himself to be the world for his little brother :) Little himsai arasan :-) But, it was just a phase and he's back to being mama's boy:D Lon..g comment..next time i promise to keep it short :)

B o o said...

Rs Mom - but very diffcult to bundle up before we step out of the house!!

Timepass - Shes still like that! :)

BB - its slightly better since my moms here. im sure i would ve jumped out a window otherwise!!

Rashmi - she does act like mom na? she even scolds her like I do!! kids!

Ambulisamma - with my luck, antu ll also be like me!!

Menaka - now thats a thought! :)

A - LOL! greedy lots, are nt they? Ashu asked the same after her 4th bday!

Vibaas - Phase! How I love that word! *rolls eyes* Next time, Hd accuses me of something I should remember to say, "im going through a phase"!!

Hema said...

Wow...Typical elder sis..(my younger sister would tell stories!!) Nice pics...wonder how you managed them in that weather!

Poppy said...

Hmmm. I empathise with that loooong 7 months bit I do :)

We had some good months and now bad times have come again - tantrums of the crying kind - I hate them - they set my teeth on the edge that piteous wailing does. Sis love is still going string though [Anti-Jinx]

Anyhoo yes these second babies are cuter than the first were no? N says everything, sings everything and is just sooo cute with her toothy grin.

I think all this gushing over her is causing D to behave bad. Now that's a thought what say?

Ditto on the attention span, D can't be arsed to watch more than 20 mins of any movie/TV.

Neera said...

This too shall pass Boo ..i think ..that's what everyone says ..am yet to experience it myself!! But the second ones ..u r right abt they becoming like this at 2 ...Jiya is so much worse than Vansh was at her age. Each one of us including Vansh are scared of her tantrums as a result of which many a times he lets her have her way!

Ha ha ..that line abt having dinner at 4:30 and gtng everything done by 8 reminded me abt our days in Minnesota ...really everyday pastime included running up and down the stairs of the apartment building with the kids, post dinner walks were in the corridor ...it sucks really!

Honestly its hard to think of Ashu behaving that way :) Good luck! Glad u at least have Antu in a good phase right now!!

Lakshmi said...

It is kind of like here where my five year old has mood swings too. We were wondering what happened to that sweet little girl of first 3 and half years and we relate a little bit of it to having a sibling to share the limelight.

baby growth

babies