To beat my bloggers block, Im taking up CA's tag.I altered the tag to include both my pregnancies. As a second born, I get mighty upset when people are partial to first borns!! Hmpf!
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
First - Yes. What was I thinking!!
Second - Yes. Boy, I don't learn a lesson easily do I?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Still yes but unfortunately to the same guy.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Was happy that we succeeded in our attempt.
The second time, I used a pregnancy test which I had bought in India. On the cover, there was this woman with a red lipstick. She had this constipated look and it was completely hilarious to look at the pic. So I was rolling on the floor laughing and Hd was all impatient and asked, So? And I tried to give the same constipated look like the woman and he burst out laughing.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Yes if it were nt planned.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Home Pregnancy Test, Blood test, Urine test and a scan.
I knew it even before I took the pregnancy test. Human body is just amazing, is nt it?
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
8. DUE DATE?
30 April 2005
3 July 2008
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Baby cucumber, bhel puri, murungai keerai adai,...
Nothing. There was nt any time to think about my needs.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Actually I was quite zen the first time.
The second time, everyone irritated me.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
6 Kilos. (13 pounds)
4 kilos. (8 pounds)
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Hee hee hee! Did I ever?
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
One was a surprise. By my friends. The other was a traditional ceremony celebrated with the family.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
3 hours 40 minutes.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
No. Was nt given even though I begged.
No. I decided not to.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
2.720 kg (6 pounds)
2.950 kg (6+ pounds)
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
3 days before the due date on 27 Apr 2005 at 3.40 am
6 days before the due date on 27 June 2008 at 11 am
26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
It was a total surprise as everyone had said it will be a boy and I had made up mind to welcome a boy. So it was a total lottery.
We found out earlier. So we knew. And I was ecstatic as I think sisters are the best thing in the whole wide world next to sliced bread.
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
I was seeing a new born baby for the first time in my life. And I was sure I ll never have a baby again(duh!) after the ordeal, so took a good look and tried to remember everything. And also made sure it was indeed a girl!
Took a good look to see if she was ok. Heaved a sigh of relief that I am done with this baby making business.
28. DID YOU CRY?
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
3 years 11 months